Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Look In the Mirror Of Life

A truthful look in the mirror I took
I had two options
I could look at what I see in its totality
I could look at what I wanted to see

I chose the former option
Ah!!! the pain that struck me.
I have heard "truth is seldom sweet"
And I tasted it for myself

I didnt think I was what I saw.
I fell short of many standards that I had set.
I was hiding in the glories of the good

The world knew me to be a fighter
Someone who sprang up from a fall
Someone who strived to over come
Someone who didnt let the past hold me down

The mirror of life showed me otherwise
Pointer to aspects where it wasn't true
Revelations of self-defined boundaries of success
Ignorance to everything else and attributing it as vain.

How can one like that be helped,
unless a light that exposes the darkness shone
The Lord found me and has been faithfully working on me
He shone His precious light on my life

Lo !! I could see a lot more in the mirror of life
Things I couldnt see earlier
Things I refused to see
Things I was blinded to

In this new insight of self
Down came the disappointments and frustrations
In seclusion I found myself go
And in the comfort of the closed space of just God and me
Began a slow acceptance of the same

I thought that was the end of the lesson, But I was wrong
The Lord taught me one of the most profound lessons of life,
And it is that,

"Denial of a problem does not remove its presence or diminish
its existence.

Acceptance of a problem does not conquer or overcome it either.

It is acceptance with accountability & a relentless spirit to
persevere to conquer in the Lords Spirit that not only overcomes
but also helps others overcome."

Tough yet rewarding is the walk of acceptance with accountability
Painful yet fruitful is the walk of obedience and perseverance
Tiring yet victorious is the walk of aligning to Gods will.
And In His spirit we can do all things.

May all of you experience the same too.

No comments: